SPORTS PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND FORMS
PLEASE REVIEW THIS PAGE CAREFULLY
SPORTS PHYSICAL FORMS FOR FALL SPORTS ARE DUE NO LATER THAN MONDAY, AUGUST 16, 2021.
Forms submitted after the posted deadline will still be reviewed but are not guaranteed to be cleared in time for tryouts.
A hard copy of the sports physical form is required and can be mailed or dropped off at Rosa during school hours and during the summer months.
***IMPORTANT: If your child has a history of testing positive for COVID, an additional clearance note must be provided by your child's healthcare provider stating that the child has been examined after having COVID and is cleared for sports/physical activity.
The American Academy of Pediatrics has issued interim guidance for return to activity after COVID. See link below: Scroll down to
"Evaluation for Resumption of Physical Activity/Sport Activity for Child/Adolescent with COVID-19"
PLEASE NOTE: Registration for sports must be completed through the Genesis Parent Portal.
Click link for instructions: https://youtu.be/ZPM1AoQCdWc
Written instructions are also listed in the attachments below.
New Jersey State Law requires that all students that plan to participate in the after school Athletic Program in Middle School and High School have a physical exam.
- Sports Physical Exams must be completed by a physician or advanced practice nurse.
- The provider MUST sign and date at the bottom of page 4 that the Cardiac Professional development module has been completed.
- Sports Physical Exams are valid for 365 days. The physical must be current on the day of the first practice to be considered valid. Please be aware that physical exams are recorded based on the date of exam, not the date the form was completed by the physician.
- Sports Physical Exams must be recorded on the New Jersey Department of Education Annual Athletic Pre-Participation Evaluation Form. No other forms will be accepted.
- Sports Physical Forms may be turned in at any time during the school year including the summer months. If you child plays a sport, it is important to keep a valid physical on file to ensure that your child will be cleared before the first practice.
- All areas of the Sports Physical Form MUST be completed. Incomplete physicals will be returned and may delay your child’s participation.
□ Verify physical exam is valid via the Parent Genesis Portal. Be sure the exam will not expire prior to the first practice.
□ Complete and PRINT the Health History Update Questionnaire and provide the completed update to the nurse’s office.
□ Complete additional release forms via the Parent Genesis Portal. Review and electronically sign the release forms each season during the registration process.
- Review the Opioid Use/Misuse Fact Sheet and video with your student athlete and electronically sign the acknowledgement form in the Genesis Parent Portal each season.
- Review the Sudden Cardiac Death in Young Athletes Pamphlet with your student athlete and electronically sign the acknowledgement form in the Genesis Parent Portal each season.
- Review the Sports-Related Concussion and Head Injury Fact Sheet with your student athlete and electronically sign the acknowledgement form in the Genesis Parent Portal each season.
- Complete the Athletic Participation and Release Form, select the sport for that seasonandelectronically sign the acknowledgement form in the Genesis Parent Portal each season.
Sports Physical Forms turned in after posted due dates are not guaranteed to be reviewed in time for the first tryout of the season.