8th Grade Open House
We look forward to seeing you on Thursday, Jan. 26th for DiscoverEAST, our 8th grade open house night. This night will give you an opportunity to learn more about the culture and programs of H.S. East, tour the building, meet some of our staff and students and give prospective students a sense of comfort about their high school decision.
The schedule for the evening will include:
7:00PM – 7:30 PM: A brief presentation on what it means to be an East student, our building culture, and the high school experience.
7:30PM – 9:00 PM: Parents and prospective students will have the opportunity to do the following:
- Explore our various elective programs (Fine Arts, Business, Vocal and Instrumental Music, Drama, and Career/Technical Education)
- Meet and talk with coaches from East’s athletic programs
- Explore our student run clubs
- Attend an optional workshop from our guidance department on course selection, “4-year perspective,” and follow up questions from course of study nights
- Attend a panel of upperclassman parents for advice and insight
- Take a tour of East
We hope you enjoy DiscoverEAST on January 26th and wish you all the best as you prepare to transition to high school.